Saturday, January 29, 2011

01.29.11





"It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness." 
Lucius Annaeus Seneca


greetings. i know it has been awhile since i have literally... exhaled. so much has been going on, i honestly don't even know where to begin. yet, here i am attempting to write the unwritable. my life. 


im in starbucks. people watching. i find people watching extremely therapeutic. honestly, i would love to do a study to find out a correlation between how many people come in coffee shops and achieve greatness. however, you would then have to define greatness. i believe that many people come into coffee shops sit---enticed by the constant aroma of fresh grains, original pastries and finally the life altering decision of a tall/grande or venti, soy or skinny. in addition to their cup of brew, the inspiration of endless coffee drinkers coming and going. after they have received their caffeine and inspiration they  leave in the pursuit of greatness. 


i find myself on this mission to discover how to tap into my greatness. i mean i am not confused or unclear as to if i will be great. there is no doubt that i will be great. however, the journey to get there often seems so blurred. there are so many things i am passionate and curious about but i question if my passions and curiosity will lead me in the direction of greatness. nonetheless, the great thing about God is that he never leaves me searching alone. so through all of my questions and phases of ambiguity he is constantly there reassuring me that he has a plan for me and that everything is working together for my good. man, that's so wonderful! 


i'm noticing so much difference in myself. i have been forced to look at a huge, glaring mirror and reflect on the things that i need  have to change in order to achieve greatness. forgiveness, criticism, different opinions, love, consistency. just to name a few. the funny thing is that, although i am in a hurry, i'm in no rush. "to make haste slowly." i know that is totally an oxymoron, but think about it. 


this is not to say im not choosing to move in a slothful or lackadaisical manner, all the same i am taking my time in reaching my peak. i want to learn every lesson. i want to digest every mishap. eradicating all fear and doubt. i want to be fearless and unstoppable. i want to be carefree and lighthearted. i want it all. and who says i can't have it? true greatness takes time, patience, skill, practice, mistakes, failures and everything in-between. see i've realized, this isn't a race, it's totally a marathon. 


Roberta


"I always knew I was destined for greatness."- Oprah Winfrey 

No comments:

Post a Comment